Tuesday 13 October 2009

FLIP_BOOK ANIMATION

We were set to design 30 a4 pages which we are then going to create into a flip book. I wanted to create something hand drawn but that represents me and what im into.

Upon watching "The Jam - Absolute Beginners" there is a a section where Paul Weller is singing while the camera pans around him and it caught my eye, so i wanted to do something with that. I wanted it to look hand rendered but not too jerky and each frame different, so i used my moniter as a light box, and hand drew each possible frame onto layout pad paper. I haven't quite done every frame so far but this is what its going to look like.

The general idea for the 30 pages is to have his face spinning and singing whilst in the background red and blue arrows come from left to right to create stripes in the background which will eventually thin out back to white.

No comments:

Post a Comment